I’ve had to go back to guy mode for work, which has been tough, but I’m very confident that coming out at work when I’m ready to go full-time won’t be an issue at all. I work with good people who are all very open-minded and genuinely care about me, so I know they’ll be supportive when I do come out. The one person I had reservations about, only because I hadn’t known her before, was my direct supervisor, but as I’ve gotten to know her I feel that she’ll also be fine with it. We were talking earlier this week and she happened to mention that there was a transsexual at one of the other campuses, and it was no big deal at all to her, so that made me feel better. And there is a single occupant bathroom close by, so that won’t be an issue. One of the ladies I work with has said a couple of times that she’s jealous of my hair (her hair is gorgeous and I’d die to have hair like hers!), and we always compare hair clips, which makes me laugh because I was so worried about my hair being an issue in getting hired, but it’s not been an issue at all. I’ve even worn my hair down a few times and nothing has been said. So, I feel like all the pieces seem to be falling into place for me to come out at work when the time is right, which I’m thinking may be early next year.

7 comments:
I am so happy for you!!!!!
Me too! You've been through so much and I'm glad you're in a much better place !
PRAISE THE LORD!!! The Lord works in mysterious ways!
I am so happy for you. I prayed really hard that the Lord would get you the best job. He did.
Hugs and Prayers,
Cynthia
Just the sort of post we have been waiting for, so happy for you.
This is indeed great to hear you are so happy and in a good place of work. Your life is your and you will know when to move forward.
Way to hang in there, girl!!
YAY I'm so glad you got a job girl!!! I hope you are able to get transition taken care of at some pt too *hugs*.
Nice to see you happy, girl. You deserve it.
Calie xxx
Post a Comment