I haven’t written much lately because all my energy the past week has gone towards staying warm and surviving the bitterly cold weather we’ve had. I've begun to undestand why so many people tend to move to warmer climates when they get older! Wednesday night we had over six inches of snow, Thursday we had 35 mph winds, and today our high for the day is supposed to be minus nine degrees. But thankfully we’re supposed to start warming up Sunday. Sunday’s high is supposed to be a balmy 22 degrees! I’d better get my summer clothes out!
I’ve had my ears pierced for two and a half weeks! This was a big step for me, something I’ve wanted t do for over twenty years, so I’m really excited about it! I can’t wait until the six weeks is up and I can take out the starter studs and wear any earrings I want!
I’ve now been on a very low dose of spiro and estrogen for a week. My doc said I wouldn’t get much in the way of physical changes at such a low dose but that I should be able to notice some emotional and mental changes. So far I haven’t felt any changes yet, but it’s only been one week. I go back three weeks to evaluate how I feel and decide whether or not to increase the dose. I’m taking it slow by design, but in some ways it’s difficult being patient and not going as fast as I’d like to.
I’d planning to start laser on my face later this month, but that depends on how much the repair bill comes to for my car. The engine is making funny noises, so I need to get that checked next week. Hopefully it’s nothing major.
It saddens me to see how many small-minded people can’t see that Amanda Simpson is exceedingly qualified for the position she was appointed to and will be an asset to the Obama Administration. All they seem to dwell on is that she’s transgendered, which has no bearing on her ability to do the job. I wish all the hateful, ignorant people that are complaining about this would crawl back under the rocks from whence they came.
Rebecca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think pierced ears are one of the small blessings we get to take part in as transwomen. I had mine pierced 30 years ago and let them close up when I joined the service. (My wife was amazed when I told her that. 30 years ago guys just were NOT getting their ears done. And I had double piercings to boot and nobody at all was into that.) It was such a simple pleasure last year when I had them redone and it really was a major non-event as far as anyone else was concerned. My daughters gave me an earring tree for Christmas. It is pretty good sized but I have it a third full.
Wow, telling your kids, HRT, now laser. I've really missed a lot in such a short time! Within the next week or two you'll feel SOMETHING...it might be minor, but you should experience some of the first effects of being even on a low HRT dose. Good luck! Do keep us posted!
Sophie:
I completely agree that pierced ears (and earrings) are one of the special joys we get to experience. What branch of the service were you in? I was in the Army for three years.
Lori:
Things are moving pretty quickly now, although I'm trying not to go too fast! Although it did take me 47 years to reach this point to where I can start doing these things, so I don't want to lose my momentum!
Post a Comment