In an effort to write more often and not be as sporadic in my blog postings and e-mails (Hi Sophie!!), I’m posting the latest details of my terribly exciting life!
I haven’t told my kids yet about being transgendered. I had planned to do it this past week, but things got a bit hectic. My oldest son worked late several evenings, and then a friend of his was shot during a home invasion and is in critical condition, so he’s pretty upset about that. Then my youngest son is dealing with some problems at work which he’s pretty upset about. He was transferred out of the kitchen and was reassigned to washing dishes, in spite of being one of the few people in the kitchen who has any culinary training, and in spite of being a hard worker who doesn’t screw around at work like so many of the other employees. Needless to say he is not happy about this. I’m trying to get him to handle this the right way and not alienate his boss and make the situation worse. So, I’m hoping to talk to them this week.
I have my appointment tonight to get my hair cut and styled, so I’m really excited about that! I can’t wait for it to be 5:30!!!
I had an appointment with the psychiatrist I’m seeing about the depression and memory problems, and I told him about being transgendered, since I know that plays a large role in the depression. He doesn’t have experience in that area, so he suggested I think about going back to the other psychiatrist I saw earlier in the year about the gender issues, and that she could also treat me for the memory problem too, just to make things a bit simpler. So, I have an appointment to see her on June 9th.
It rained all weekend, again, so we didn’t get any gardening done. I’ve got so many things I need to get transplanted into the garden. We’re actually supposed to have two nice days after today where we’ll actually see the sun, but I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t have much hope that my tomatoes won’t succumb to blight since they’ve been so wet for the past week or two. Ugh.
I think I’ll start building an ark, which will come in handy with the never-ending rain we’re having!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Be still my beating heart! She's back!
That's too bad about not being able to talk with the boys yet, I'm sure the anxiety is building up about getting it over with. But it is a topic that you need the right conditions to bring it up in. And it doesn't sound like you've had them.
The tomatoes in my garden have one week to be edible before I move out. It's looking like fried green tomatoes for me!
Yay girl! Glad things are going well. Hope the hair turned out cute!!!! :)
Post a Comment