Whenever I hear or use the word "jocularity" I always think of Father Mulcahey from MASH! One of my all-time favorite shows!
One of our cats apparently thinks he’s a dog because he has several behaviors that are more common in dogs than cats, at least from my observations. Among other things, he loves to fetch the ball when we throw it and bring it back to us, and he plays more with the dog toys than the cat toys. Last night my youngest son was playing with the cat when he looks at me and says “we live in a unique family because we have a cat that thinks he’s a dog and you’re a woman on the inside but a man on the outside”. I laughed and told him that’s very good observation! I’m pleased that he’s comfortable enough with this to joke about it, and that he doesn’t feel awkward joking with me about it.
Nothing too exciting going on these days. We have a brief respite from the heat and humidity today, but it will be back in time for the weekend. Ugh. I hate this weather. Since moving to Missouri I’ve come to appreciate how wonderful the weather is in the Pacific Northwest, and how much I miss living there! But the one benefit of all this heat has been that the garden is growing like gangbusters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awwww that's so nice about your son saying that. =) Nice to see it be so casual. I hope that attitude continues girl! *hugs*
<3 Jerica
PS ~ come back to PNW! hehe
They don't make them like mash any more or even show it while there are wars raging! Kids and cats hey, I only get to borrow then for short periods.
Caroline xxx
Post a Comment