Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Out to my mom

I told my mom yesterday that I was transsexual and it went very well. She was shocked and overwhelmed, which is to be expected, and wants time to digest everything before we talk. But she emphasized that she still loves me and I have her full support. We’ve always been very close and I knew she’d always love me no matter what, but there’s always that little bit of doubt that creeps up when telling someone about this. But I’m so relieved now; I’m out to everyone and it feels wonderful that I don’t have to hide this anymore and that I can just be myself.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

This is the sort of post which needs a big like button!

Kay & Sarah said...

isn't it great not to have to hide anymore

Leslie Ann said...

That is super news, Rebecca!

Becca said...

How great is that ? I am very pleased for you

Becca

Debra said...

Great news!!! yay! I'm so glad =)