Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tip of the day

When calling a crisis hotline, don’t expect that things won’t get very awkward and uncomfortable when the subject of being transgendered comes up, but do expect that the “crisis counselor” will put a quick end to the call after that. Yeah, that was very productive and really helped my disposition a whole lot.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I had that a few months ago when I rang the mental health crisis line. Spent half a hour explaining what being transgendered was and my story. At the end he said thank you very much, I've learnt a lot and then ended the call. Not very useful but I suppose it was a distraction from my troubling thoughts for a short while.

Rachel X

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, do not let yourself get all isolated in your little corner of the world. Reach out and touch your friends, that's what we're for. Though I can't say that I've had the same problem with my ears, I and many others have been through and survived situations similar to what you're in.

I'm just a ditzy old lady, I can't dazzle you with brilliance and I'm not so hot with the baffling bit either. But, just as I am sure other friends would, I listen well, I can empathize with you and you don't even have to spell transgender for me so I can write it in my notes.

Lori D said...

Alright, you made me come out of hiding for this one. I recorded this video especially for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8kkxYc3QnI