Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My mom



My last two weeks in Bend, before I moved to Portland, were without a doubt the two most enjoyable weeks I had since I moved there last year. Once I made the decision to move to Portland it was like a huge weight had been lifted and I was able to relax and feel really excited about my future. I actually felt happy, which is something I hadn’t felt for any prolonged length of time in quite a while. I kind of felt like a normal person and it gave me a taste of what life could be like, which just reinforced that I was making the right decision.

But the best part of those two weeks was the time I spent with my mom. It’s been difficult for her seeing me struggle the past year and being limited in what she could do to help. There were times when things were strained and tense between us, and times when we just needed a break from each other. I put her through a lot, which I feel bad about. So it was really nice that we were able to spend those last two weeks together just talking and laughing and enjoying each other’s company. It made her really happy to see me so relaxed and optimistic, and happy. I can rest a bit easier knowing she has those good memories of me when I was happy.

My mom has been through a lot over the course of her life and is currently dealing with some major life issues, and heaven knows dealing with me and all my issues hasn’t been easy for her. But she never gave up on me and never stopped loving me. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and to have such a wonderful example of what it is to be a good parent and a good person. I love you mom.


1 comment:

A said...

So good to see you back and BTW you look fantastic!