I have been blessed to have a lot of good people in my life
who care about me, and who haven’t given up on me no matter how much I resisted
their help. With their support and help I have managed to survive what has been
a difficult time for me the past year. But I did survive, and now it’s time to
make some changes in my life. So, I moved to Portland this past Sunday to begin
a new chapter in my life. Again! lol While I enjoyed living in Bend, finding a
good job there proved to be very difficult, and I feel that Portland will be a
better fit for me and offer more employment opportunities. I’m excited about
how many colleges and universities there are in the Portland area and all the
job opportunities from just that.
And obviously there will be a larger LGBT community
in Portland. But I have to say that Bend has been very open and welcoming since
the day I moved there, and the LGBT community is amazing, and I will dearly
miss all the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure to meet. I will leave Bend
with lots of good memories but also some sadness about leaving behind so many
people I care about, but this is something I need to do and I’m excited about
what my future holds.
It’s been a long couple of days and I’m worn out, but I made
it to Portland and am settled in. Today was a good day job-hunting and I found
several positions to apply for at local universities, and I’m optimistic that I’ll
get interviews. I also ventured out into the vast city of Portland and managed to
get to and from the store without getting lost!
So it was a good day and I feel hopeful about things. But I’m
beat and it’s time for bed!

1 comment:
I hope so very much that you finally get the chance to build a new life. Bless you x
Post a Comment