Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I have a job interview!!!

I have a job interview at the university tomorrow morning!!! It's as a supervisor monitoring interviews for research studies. The job sounds interesting and one that I'd enjoy. I have experience doing interviews for research studies when I was a student research assistant in a psychology lab for two semesters, and I have lots of supervisory experience, so I definitely have the experience. I'm so excited, but also nervous, but mostly excited!!! I'm a bit concerned about the length of my hair, that it doesn't look too professional having it this long, but I can't bear to cut it. I'll work with it today to get it so it looks okay. So say a prayer for me and wish me luck! How nice would it be to start the new year with a job!

12 comments:

Debra said...

yay girl! Hope it goes well!!!!

Halle said...

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Best wishes for tomorrow's interview and a wonderful 2011 to follow!

Caroline said...

Be yourself and you will be comfortable and confident.

All interviews are good practice but fingers are crossed for this one.

Caroline xxx

- said...

Awesome! Good luck!!!

xoxo

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Good luck!

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Oh, and it was great seeing you again on Monday!

Amy K. said...

Good luck! You can do it!!!

Dani said...

That's great news, my fingers are crossed for you, too! Good luck!

Dani xxx

Calie said...

Wow! Look at all of this support behind you, girl!!!

You have my prayers.

And the hair? You're in a university environment. Probably not an issue at all.

Calie xxx

ms.shandy said...

I'm so glad to hear your interviewing! Hope things go great. On the hair, I second Callie's opinion. :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much for all your good thoughts and encouragement! I have a good feeling about this, and I feel as prepared as I can be. I spent the day learning about the research center and what they do, and the responsibilities of the position I'm interviewing for. I reviewed my resume to make sure I focus on things that they'll consider to be strong points for this position, and I thought about possible questions they might ask during the interview and my responses. I have my outfit ready and I worked with my hair and got it to where it looks styled and professional, so I'm ready to go. Now I just need to relax enough so I can get to sleep tonight! Hopefully I'll have some good news to share tomorrow!

Leslie Ann said...

You're gonna do great, Rebecca! I can feel it. I am radiating good thoughts for you into the cosmos.