Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good news

My job interview this morning went really well. I feel like I mailed this one. And I was one of four people selected to be interviewed, so that's encouraging. It sounds like they're going to make a decision sometime this week.

But there's another job that was just posted which would be so perfect for me. It's for the Student Services Coordinator for the LGBTQ Resource Center at the university. Obviously I wouldn't have to worry about hiding the fact that I'm trans, and transitioning at work would not be an issue. Plus I have a personal understanding of the issues that the LGBTQ community faces, which I think would be a big plus for me. But it's also one of the rare jobs in which my wide variety of skills and experience is a plus. So I'm really, really excited about this! I'm working on tailoring my resume and reworking my cover letter, so I should be ready to apply today. I'm just worried about getting the job I interviewed today but still wanting to interview for the other job. I'd feel really bad having to resign a job I just accepted in order to take another job. But I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse.

Good news about coming out to my father, but I'll write about that tonight.

6 comments:

Cynthia Jane said...

Praise the LORD!!! The power of prayer cannot be denied. Wonderful news on all accounts. I will be praying very hard that you get the job that the Lord has selected for you.

You have brought tears to my eyes with such good news.

Always in prayer and many Hugs.

Cynthia Jane said...

Oh yeh, Can't wait to hear the good news about your father.

Prayers and Hugs

Rebecca said...

Thanks Cynthia! *hug* I said a special prayer for you this morning, so hopefully you'll find a job soon.

Debra said...

Yay! Hope things go well with whatever job you end up with =)

And I can't wait to hear about your dad!!

Caroline said...

We have a saying that you wait for ever for a bus then two come at once! One will be enough.

Jillaine said...

Yay!!