Father’s Day is kind of weird to celebrate now given the circumstances, although I know I’ll always be a father to my sons and that will never change. The kids have always made Father’s Day a special day for me, but this past one was the most special one of all. My sons aren’t big into giving cards, but they both picked out really wonderful cards that were special for what the cards said, but what made them even more meaningful was what they wrote themselves, and the fact that they took the time to put their thoughts into words. I’ve always kept all the cards they’ve given me, but these two will always have a prominent place on my desk, and a special place in my heart. I don’t think I’ll ever forget how wonderful I felt when I read what they wrote.
I had mentioned at some point that I'd like to get my hair colored and styled, so for Father's Day the boys gave me money to get that done, which was really thoughtful of them. I bet not many fathers got a trip to the salon to get their hair colored as their Father's Day present! My hair looks so much nicer without the grey. And once I got there I decided to get some highlights too, and I love the way it looks!!!
I haven’t heard anything on the job yet, and the person who headed the interview committee is out of town until Friday. They said they wanted to hire someone soon, and to me that means in about a week, but hopefully their definition of soon is a bit longer than mine. I’m trying to stay hopeful.
My dad hasn’t gotten back to me yet as to when he wants to talk. I kind of figured he would have by now, but I did tell him to take as much time as he needs, so I’m trying to be patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I could not believe how much loosing the grey and getting back the colour cheered me up, hope you feel as good about it and it can't do any harm when you go for interviews or better start a new job!
What a loving gift from your sons!
You sure do have wonderful sons. Maybe when mother's day comes around again, they'll have another surprise for you.
Still praying about your job status. God will provide.
Man Blessings, Prayers, and Hugs,
Cynthia XOXO
Awww thats such a sweet gift!!
Post a Comment