Thursday, July 28, 2011

And so it goes...

I had a job interview at the university for a job I applied for on May 2nd. It boggles my mind how slow the hiring process is. Anyway, I felt the interview went really well and I’m very confident I’ll get a second interview. I feel much more optimistic about finding a job since I’m starting to get a lot more interviews lately. Plus I have an interview for another job that has yet to be scheduled, and I’m still in the running for the LGBT Center job.

I’m amazed I did so well at that interview given the fact that my youngest son and I spent six hours the night before the interview in handcuffs while the police searched my home because of some legal issues my oldest son is having. Then they threatened to arrest me and my youngest son for something which we had no knowledge of or involvement in. I was so scared and worried and embarrassed. I feel like I did when our house was broken into several years ago; that I feel violated and have the urge to wash everything before I touch it. Thankfully I didn’t have to explain about the hormones and two sets of clothing, shoes, etc. So now I have to worry about my oldest son and his legal problems and worry whether they’re going to arrest me and my youngest son. Needless to say I haven’t been sleeping well since that happened, even with my sleep medication. Guess it’s a good thing I have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow.

My father called last week and we had a longer than normal talk, due in large part to him having had a few drinks that night. We discussed all the usual topics, but the transsexual subject never came up, which I’m not sure is good or bad. Is he uncomfortable talking about it or has he accepted it so that it’s a non-issue? But I think the main reason he called is because he was really upset with my sister who is not very prompt at returning his calls. Then I talked with her later that night and she was extremely upset with him because earlier he he’d left a rather rude, expletive filled message on her answering machine. Ugh, I hate being caught in the middle of this battle. I wish they’d both stop being so stubborn and get their differences resolved.

The heat wave continues with no end in sight. I can’t remember the last time we were below 90 degrees. My garden is still alive but not producing anything. I’m really hoping for an early autumn this year.

I also have to worry about whether or not I’ll be receiving unemployment after August 2nd. Hopefully I’ll have a job by then and it will be a moot point, but nothing is guaranteed so I’m very worried. Without unemployment I’ll have to live off of what little savings I have left and then start using credit cards, which is the last thing I want to do. I can’t even begin to put into words how angry and frustrated I am with how the idiots in Washington DC are handling this whole debt ceiling mess. It’s just unbelievable. As if the economy and the over-all state of our country aren’t bad enough, we now have to worry about this. I feel so sad for my son’s generation who will inherit the mess we’ve created. It’s a very sad state of affairs.

That’s all the exciting news I have to share. I hope all of you are doing well. My apologies for being so tardy in replying to e-mails and for not commenting on anyone’s blogs. It’s still tough to read other people’s blogs because I still feel like my transition is on hold, and it’s difficult to read about those of you who are moving forward with your transitions.

@ April: Every time I try to leave a comment on your blog it never accepts it. Congrats on going full-time soon! I bet you must be really excited! I’m excited for you!!

1 comment:

Cynthia Jane said...

Hi Rebecca,

How horrible! Not about the job interviews... the law. I have never had any kind of run in with the law and I can't imagine going through what you just described. I will continue to pray very hard about all of this.

Rebecca, see if changing internets will help with the commenting. I had problems until I changed from Firefox to Safari, and that fixed my problem.

Hugs

Cynthia XX