Thursday, August 4, 2011

Job search update

Still no word yet on whether I'll get a second interview from the job I interviewed for last week. I e-mailed the contact person yesterday but haven’t gotten a reply yet. I really thought the interview went well, so it will be tough to deal with if I don't at least get to the next round. But I do have another interview for different job tomorrow, so that's encouraging. It's just impossible to stay on an even keel emotionally no matter how hard I try, but I still feel like the end of this ordeal is in sight. I guess if I can survive this then I can survive anything life throws at me from here on out, which is a comforting thought.

4 comments:

Cynthia Jane said...

Hi Rebecca,

Please don't lose faith. I have been out of work for 18 months now, but I have faith that the Lord will provide as He always has. It's not easy, I'm not saying it is. I pray daily for you and your family.

By the way...how did that fiasco turn out the other day with the police? I have prayed very hard that it was well resolved.

Many Blessings, Prayers, and Hugs,

Cynthia XX

Rebecca said...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers Cynthia.

No charges have been filed as of now, and the lawyer my son talked to said there was a good chance the case would be thrown out. Apparently the detective in charge has a history of not doing things by the book, and it sounds like there are issues with the legality of the search warrant. So hopefully that was much ado about nothing.

Cynthia Jane said...

Hi Rebecca,

I don't know about the 'much ado about nothing' part.

Could you and your sons have grounds for some kind of recourse? Maybe you need a lawyer as well. Doesn't speak well for our boys in blue, or suits, does it?

I'll continue to pray that this is settled in your and your son's favor.

Oh yeh, did you get your commenting thingy fixed?

Blessings, Prayers, and Hugs,

Cynthia XX

Calie said...

I'm always thinking of you, Rebecca. I hope you get that job.

Calie xxx