I got my ears pierced eight weeks ago, which was something that had a lot of meaning for me and was a big step. I religiously followed the aftercare instructions and cleaned the piercings with the disinfectant solution and rotated the stud. After six weeks, which is the recommended time for removing the starter studs to replace them with other earrings, I took out my left stud but had trouble getting it back in. I finally managed to get it back in, and decided they needed more time to heal. So now it’s been two more weeks and I decided to see if the piercings had healed. I took out the right stud and everything looked fine, so I cleaned the ear really well and replaced the earring. I took out the left stud and it also looked fine, so I cleaned that ear and then tried to put the stud back in. But I couldn’t get it to go all the way through. I kept dousing the ear with disinfectant to make sure the piercing was clean and kept trying to get the stud back in. After an hour the piercing was bleeding and it hurt, so I finally gave up. I can’t understand why the hole in that ear hadn’t healed enough to get the stud back in after eight weeks. I kept the right earring in last night but removed it this morning since there’s no point to having just one pierced ear. I was okay with my decision to not transition and had been handling that pretty well, but this just really hurts. Having pierced ears meant a lot and was the one thing I still wanted to do even in guy mode. And now that is gone too. Maybe it’s a sign that this is just not meant to be for me. I don’t know. I just feel really discouraged and down right now. Most everyone has pierced ears these days and it seems rare that anyone has problems with the piercings healing properly. This should have been simple; I figured the hard part would be wearing the starter studs for six weeks while at work, but I got through that without any problems. It turns out that was the easy part. But it’s all for naught now anyway.
Sorry, maybe one of these days I’ll actually have something positive to post. Maybe I should change this to a cooking or gardening blog since I seem to be more successful at those things.
I really need for spring to get here so I can stay busy with the garden and keep my mind focused on that. Having too much free time to think is not such a good thing these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I had my ears pierced for the first time just over a year ago. I was also so scared when I took the studs out for the first time, that I wouldn't be able to get them back in again. Turned out I was right - just like you, it was an almost impossible task. My earlobes are pretty thick - the piercer was in two minds about giving me long shank studs, but figured the regular ones would be juuust long enough - and I had trouble navigating the stud back through all the way. I took a break, slept on it, and managed to reinsert it the next day by trying at a different angle.
I could tell the inside wasn't all healed up so I kept them in for a couple more weeks. It was over four months before changing earrings could be accomplished without pain and/or bleeding. Even now, a year later, I can spend several minutes trying to get the pin to come out the other side successfully, and I can feel it snagging on the false "passageways" I've made inside the lobe from my previous clumy efforts.
So don't give up yet! There's also nothing wrong with having a single piercing, but I suspect you'll find you end up with two fully-functional ones anyway.
Awww girl =( I guess you can try again when they heal....that's so sad though girl!! I'm so sorry to hear it. Patience to try again, I guess? *hugs*
Absolutely do not give up on having pierced ears! I had only one ear pierced since the mid-80s, and decided to get my other ear pierced a little over a year ago. My first one was done by a girlfriend who used a needle. It was perfectly centered and healed fine will virtually no effort on my part. The new piercing, however, was done by a qualified piercing person, yet it took much longer to heal. When it should have been healed, I took out the earring I'd been wearing & attempted to put in a different one, and was frustrated that I couldn't put it all the way through. I couldn't find the other side of my ear lobe, and it started to bleed. After much effort, I finally got it through, and I just left it in for probably several months. It took much longer to heal than the first piercing, but it did heal. Don't give up Rebecca. I can relate to the womanly feeling one gets from having both ears pierced, and if you've decided not to transition, you deserve at least this much.
Hugs...
Dana
xxxx
Post a Comment