Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Still waiting...

It's Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't been called back for a second interview. I know the week isn't over yet so I'm trying to remain hopeful, but it's getting harder with each passing day. It's going to be tough to deal with if I don't get a second interview for this job. My resume and cover letter were good, I was very prepared for the interview and I felt it went well, so I don't know what more I could have done. I feel like I might as well just go ahead and apply at Wal-Mart or McDonalds, but I probably wouldn't get hired there either. I was so afraid to get my hopes up about this job because I knew it would make it that much more painful if I didn't get it. I guess I should have followed my instincts.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Don't get too down or loose hope yet, Rebecca! The holdays slow everything down so they probably haven't even started second interviews yet. Chin up, girl!

Calie said...

Dani's right, Rebecca. Being in a position to interview and hire myself, it is not at all unusual to take a few weeks before calling someone in for a second interview.

Calie

Debra said...

Yeah I've found that even when they say "We need this position filled like tomorrow!" they will still wait a few weeks. It drives me nuts.

Hope it or some other opportunity ends up working out for you, girl =)

*hugs*

<3 Jerica