Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday night

Another Saturday evening spent doing dishes and laundry and cleaning out the cat’s litter box. Gosh I lead such an exciting life! For dinner tonight my son and I tried a new recipe for an orange and sesame seed shrimp pasta, and it was really good. We love to cook and enjoy finding new recipes to try. Tomorrow night we’re making raviolis from scratch, with home-made marinara sauce made with tomatoes from the garden. Sadly this is the last batch for the home-made tomato sauce until next summer, unless we get to St. Louis and go to the Soulard Farmers Market. If you ever get to St. Louis I highly recommend visiting the farmer market; it’s a really neat place and they have amazing prices on all sorts of wonderful foods. There is a spice shop that will blow you away when you walk into it with all the amazing smells and aromas that hit you all at once when you walk in the door. I’ve made myself hungry just thinking about it!

Here is a picture of my new pea coat I got a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend and finally had a chance to wear it.


6 comments:

Lori D said...

There is something naturally feminine about you that I really like... Keep it up, girlfriend.

Rebecca said...

Thank you Lori, you just made my day, and my week!

Hugs,
Rebecca

Calie said...

Very classy, Rebecca.

Vulnavia Morbius said...

I have to stay away from the Soulard Market. It's a serious threat to my pocketbook.

We should have lunch again, by the way. Get in touch and we'll arrange something.

Irene Tan said...

You look so beautiful

Rebecca said...

Doc Morbius:
I know what you mean, so many wonderful edibles to spend your money on! But if you go at the end of the day they practically give stuff away!

Thank you Calie and Irene! *big smile*