Thursday, December 17, 2009

A busy week

The more I think about it the more amazed I am at how far I’ve come in accepting myself over the past few months. This whole self-acceptance thing is great; I should have tried it a lot sooner! It’s like a switch was flipped and the light in my head finally went on. It’s such a big relief to finally be myself and to no longer worry about every little thing. I’m really excited about the coming year and I feel like I have a lot to look forward to.

It’s been a busy week. My son has finals this week so I’ve had to make sure he spends enough time studying. He struggled early in a couple of his classes and found out the hard way that his study habits needed to improve, but he’s back on track again. I’ve been busy getting the last of my Christmas shopping done and getting things ready to mail. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! For some reason I haven’t been in the Christmas spirit as much this year, and I’ve had several people tell me they felt the same way. Not sure why. Maybe I need to watch the old stop-action Rudolph and Santa Clause shows; the ones with the voices of Burl Ives and Fred Astaire. Those were always my favorites, along with the Scrooge movie with Albert Finney. Good stuff!

I was planning to start laser hair removal on my face (yeah!!!) next month, but that might be on hold since my car is having problems and I need to get it in to the mechanic to get it checked. Since car repairs are never cheap I’m figuring that’s going to put a dent in my budget for at least a month. *sigh*

We’ve been busy baking a lot. We made blueberry muffins and blueberry cheesecake from scratch, and they were both yummy! What can I say, I have a sweet tooth! We picked a bunch of berries at a farm this summer and need to get them used before they get freezer burnt. We also made home-made raviolis that were really good. But tonight we're having leftovers because I need some pace in my fridge!

3 comments:

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Homemade blueberry muffins are great. Yum. I made cranberry muffins for Thanksgiving. I should make more. I still have some cranberries left over. Maybe mix them with blueberries. Hmmmm.....

Irene Tan said...

Hi Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Getting through, or at least well into, self-acceptance takes a really big load off of your mind. And it makes it so much easier to start thinking about all the rest of what is going on in your life.

If laser isn't looking like it fits in the limits of the purse you may want to think about electrolysis. No upfront costs like with laser and the woman who is taking care of me will just work on thinning instead of clearing. And for me anyway, electrolysis eventually was pretty much a given with the amount of gray hair on my face.