Thursday, December 10, 2009

Misc thoughts

Why is it that the sight of my polished toe-mails, resplendent in their Christmas red, always makes me smile? How is it something as simple as that can make me feel so good?

There is something wonderful about a warm crackling fire on a cold winter’s night.

Why is it that when I kept my hair really short (as in a #2 buzz-cut) it always grew so fast, and now that I want to grow it out it seems to be growing painfully slow???

My feet seem to be shrinking! (But I’m not complaining!) I have always worn a size 10 men’s shoe, but the last two pairs of women’s shoes I bought (a pair of low-heel clogs and a pair of clogs with a three inch heel) I easily fit into a size 9.5 and 10. I know there are size differences between brands, but not this much!

Why can’t they make genetically engineered onions that don’t make your eyes sting when you cut them??? And shallots are even worse!!!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Any colour painted nails has that effect, even better in the summer.

I want genetically engineered onions which shrink feet to easily obtainable shoe size and don't make eyes water.

Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

Rebecca dear, Men's clothing has a size attached to it. Women's clothes (including shoes) has a randomly generated number that vaguely correlates to small, medium or large. But nothing more specific than that. And only vaguely.

Amy K. said...

Those are a lot of questions there! Let me tackle them in order.

Because red toenails are pretty. See previous answer.

It's all in where your coming from. :)

What Sophie said.

They're too busy coming up with politically correct terms for "hot sauce." I heard the latest one was "thermodynamic condiment," but then they were afraid that "condiment" sounds too much like "condom," so oh well, back to the drawing board.

What on earth is a shallot? (See, I don't know it all.)

;P

Kelli Bennett said...

Double quoted for the truth about the hair, it is about 8inches long after a year and half, but I will say Propecia and Estrogen have really helped it pick up and fill in. Sadly I'll probably need another year and a half to get it as long as I want. *sigh*

Pretty toes are pretty toes, what is not to like?

Debra said...

Hehe I hear ya girl. There definitely is something very pleasing about having nails painted. I remember when I was trying to compromise with my wife by not having nailpolish even on my toenails....I'd look at my bare feet and want to cry hah.

Yah I'm kind of in the same boat with shoes. I have worn 10-10.5 in men's for years yet women's size 12 is way too big and I find myself fitting into 11s and some 10s (10W). Pretty weird.

I'm also in the same boat with the hair. It's driving me nuts that it's taking so long to grow out and yet what's even worse is thinking about the fact that if I hadn't cut my hair this summer, how much longer it would be already! hah.

Rebecca said...

Caroline:
We’ll call it the Super Onion, and while we’re at it we’ll also make it cause the hair on our heads to grow faster! I’ll get out my chemistry kit and get to work on it right now!


Sophie:
LOL Now it all makes sense! Or should I say you’ve clarified things so that I’m even more confused now! At least we have an excuse for trying on all those clothes and shoes! We simply have no other choice!


Amy:
A thermodynamic condom sounds like it could be very unpleasant!

A shallot is like a little onion that has a sweeter and more potent taste. They add a bit more zest to whatever you’re cooking. You’ll have to try a shallot, it’s delicious!


Kelli:
I feel your pain Kelli! It’s hard being patient, even when I know I have to look at the big picture and that my hair will eventually be long. But it feels like watching the grass grow, although even the darn grass grows faster than my hair! Arrgh!

Jerica:
I hate having to re-polish my nails because it’s usually a two evening process and I hate going even one day without my polish on. Ick!!!
Either our feet are shrinking or women’s shoe sizes ore getting bigger. Or it’s a conspiracy to drive us insane! I’m soooo confused!
I know what you mean about wishing you hadn’t cut your hair. All that wonderful hair lopped off and wasted. Oh well, just think how much we’ll appreciate having long hair when it finally grows out. I dream about being able to run my fingers through my long hair. Some day!