I was happy to read that Jenna Talackova will be allowed to compete in the Miss Universe Canada pageant. I never understood what the big fuss was about, because it’s not like being born with male anatomy gives you an advantage in a beauty contest. People just don’t get that being a woman is so much more than just the chromosomes you were born with. But anything to do with transsexuals brings all the morons out from under their rocks to complain, no matter how ludicrous their complaints are. I usually don’t have much praise for Donald Trump, but he made the right call on this one, although I’m sure public pressure and the threat of a lawsuit played a big role in his decision. I normally don’t read the comments on transgender stories published on CNN because it’s too depressing to read all the ignorant and hateful comments, but against my better judgment I read the comments from this story. And true to form the comments were difficult to read. So many people seem to hate us, just on principle, and why? What have we ever done to these people to elicit so much hate and anger? It’s especially disheartening to see how many people refer to us as “it”, as if we’re not deemed worthy of being called a person. It’s sad that there are so many close minded people who refuse to let us live in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Leaving a spiteful comment about a group is easy to do when you can do it so anonymously; it doesn't take courage to spit something out of a foul mouth and closed mind.
Yeah I was delighted to hear that she could still compete. I was deeply hurt/saddened when she was disqualified.
Why do people hate us? Because they hate what they don't understand; what they can never understand.
I must agree. TG's, having been equated and associated with all forms of sexual depravities tend to be held in extremely poor esteem.
The issue with Jenna is totally unrelated to the TG. Jenna is a woman who was born with a treatable medical condition.
She was treated. She was cured. She is now a woman, both legally and physically. End of conversation.
Despite the fact that IMHO, she exercised estremely poor judgement by compete in some TG event in Thailand, dragging her under the TG umbrella, or drafting her against her will as a TG poster child, only reveals how desperate some men are to possess a beautiful woman.
After all, these men in wigs, heels and dresses are really woman, just because they say so. I find it f little wonder that most people reject that fanciful thesis.
Post a Comment