I’ve been blogging for about two years now, and it’s been interesting to watch the cycle that so many blogs progress through. It seems like a lot of blogs reach a peak and then slowly fade away. Often times it’s because the person has outgrown the transsexual stage of their lives and have moved on to just living a normal life and wants to put the transsexual part of their lives behind them. While there are many people I miss hearing from who have stopped blogging, I’m happy to know it’s because they’re just living normal lives now, and not dealing with all the trans issues. The other main reason people seem to end their blogging activities is because there is so much in-fighting and negativity within the trans community and they just get fed up. I find this disheartening because we need to pull together and not cause our community to become so fragmented. But I suppose there will always be disagreements and differing opinions, especially about an issue so emotionally charged.
It’s just kind of sad to see so many old friends leaving the blogging community and losing touch. But life goes on and the cycle of life, and blogging, continues to run its course. To all the friends who have faded from the blogosphere, you and still in my thoughts and I wish you all the best and hope you have found the happiness you so richly deserve.

2 comments:
Hey, I'm still here :)
I'm here too, Rebecca~and I'm not likely to go anywhere in the near future either. I have made some wonderful friends and acquaintances here~and for that I am eternally grateful.
I have learned so much from everyone who visits here and I pray every day for all of us. We all have our own special needs at any one moment~and I find it necessary to pray for those needs~ like your recovery from surgery. I'm sure you are a vision of beauty by now~ not that you weren't before.
Even though we wish all our sisters only the best in moving on with their lives~we still miss hearing from them now and again. We're all like family to one another... aren't we?
Hugs and Prayers,
Cynthia XX
Post a Comment