Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I had a dream…

Last night I had a really powerful dream, and it left me feeling more hopeful, and made me realize I can’t give up my dream of living a life where I can be myself. I dreamt that I was getting ready to go out with my sister and had put a banana clip in my hair and I just really liked how long my hair was and how it looked in that style. I remember feeling an almost indescribable joy at looking in the mirror and seeing myself as I should be. At that moment I felt incredibly happy and content. It was just a simple moment in time, but it produced some powerful emotions in me.

I’m certain the reason my sister popped up in a dream is because I’ve been composing a letter to her. I’d planned to tell her about being ts when I saw her this summer, but that didn’t work out, and it’s not looking very likely that I’ll be seeing her anytime soon. So I’m writing her a letter explaining things. She just moved to a new house so things are pretty hectic for her right now, so I’ll probably wait until things settle down to send it to her. I’m not at all worried about telling her because we’ve always been close and I’m sure this won’t be an issue with her.

Well, the dream was nice, but now it’s back to reality…

2 comments:

Debra said...

*hugs* girl. I can relate to dreams like that. My sister is not currently accepting but hopefully someday....

I hope your sister takes it well and that you continue to experience that joy at being yourself, little by little!

Caroline said...

Had exactly the same with my sister on a visit and it was a year before I saw here again and was able to tell her and then get on telling the rest of the world.

I lost a year and all the while she is saying to our other sister " something is happening but I am not sure what ".

Don't waste too much time like I did, get on with your life.

Caroline xxx