Saturday, February 5, 2011
The King's Speech
My son and I saw “The King’s Speech” today, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was sad seeing King George VI as he struggled with the pressures he put on himself and with overcoming his speech impediment. But it was so uplifting to see him overcome his demons and find his own voice, both figuratively and literally. It was an emotional movie but it also had many humorous moments, especially some of the interactions between “Bertie” and Lionel. Both Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush turned in amazing performances are very deserving of Oscars. And it was also interesting to get a behind the scenes view of the Royal Family. I’d always thought of them all as very stuffy and pompous, but I came away with a somewhat different opinion. Anyway, I highly recommend this movie and hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Also, you can listen to the actual speech he gave if you go to the BBC web site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A superb film but it did spark memories of Britain just after the war, the oppressiveness of society and primitive living conditions so dark and gloomy.
We survived it somehow!
Recommended *****!
Caroline xxx
Post a Comment