Saturday, February 5, 2011

Options

My sister recently asked me what kind of job I’d like right now if I had my choice, so I’ve been thinking about that over the past few days. I didn’t really have an answer when she had asked, so I thought about what I enjoy doing and what I have a passion for, and then it became obvious. I love to cook and have often wished I could go to culinary school or work in a bakery. I have no doubt that either of those jobs would be fulfilling and enjoyable. Unfortunately I feel like those are out of my reach because of my lack of funds and/or experience. I also feel limited by family responsibilities and having a house I can’t sell. It’s always said that money doesn’t buy happiness, although it’s my feeling that whoever said that was someone who had money. What money does provide is options. And without options, life is so much more difficult and much less enjoyable.

No comments: