Thursday, May 24, 2012

The dating saga continues...


There has been one woman who has e-mailed me A LOT, but unfortunately I’m almost positive she’s a scammer. Too many inconsistencies in her profile and e-mails, and she claims to be from Greece but might have to go back even though she really wants to stay here, so I can already see what’s coming. When she writes it’s usually in broken and clunky English, but then there are also paragraphs when the english is perfect and the vocabulary is above average. So I had my suspicions right off the bat. But I’m curious to see how this will unfold, so I’ll continue to correspond with her. And who knows, maybe I’m wrong about it being a scam. 

Then the woman from KC that I’d really like to get to know still hasn’t gotten back to me, but I think I may have figured out why. When I Googled about on-line dating scams it suddenly occurred to me that she may think I’m a scammer since I didn’t want to talk because my voice still hasn’t gotten back to normal since my surgery and sounds terrible. Plus if anyone did any sort of search or background check on me they wouldn’t find much because I changed my name in January.  So I’m hoping that’s it and she just didn’t lose interest in me. I e-mailed her about this yesterday, but so far I haven’t gotten a reply, so I think it’s time to give up hope with her.

So, my experience with on-line dating thus far has not been very encouraging. 

I just don’t know how to go about meeting women who are attracted to women, so I feel like this is my best option at the moment, which is kind of pathetic. People always say to just get out and meet people, but it’s not that simple for me. I feel like I should get a t-shirt made that says “Looking for lesbians”. Now that would be pathetic! So who knows where this will lead.

On a better note, I had a long talk last night with the woman who will always have a special place in my heart. We are soul-mates and she is very special to me, so talking with her always makes me feel better. She’s married, which is a story in itself, but I will always love her and remember what we shared. I’m generally not one to have long phone conversations, but I can easily talk with her for hours. So I feel more encouraged since we talked and I’m ready to face a new day!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Rebecca, I hope you don't give up. I know of many men and women wanting to find someone to share their lives. Its seems to be that some are lucky straight away and some have to work harder. The ones that never seem to find anyone are the ones that don't look.

Becca

Rebecca said...

Scammers and flakes and loser, oh my!! Yes, online dating is simply no fun. And it's nearly impossible, in my experience to find women for women (especially if you are femme for femme and don't look or act gay.) I've also considered the T-shirt approach, but will never do it. You would think there would be an easy way to find people, as there are millions of us out there - but it's not. Let me know if you catch wind of a solution, ok? Meantime, stay strong! You know you're great, and don't settle for table scraps!