Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dating update


Well, so much for internet dating. The one lady that I’d been e-mailing with still hasn’t replied to anything since Friday, so it’s safe to say that isn’t going anywhere. I know I need to be more patient, but I figure if someone can’t take a few minutes and reply to an e-mail then there is a definite message there. I don’t deal very well with rejection, so now I just want to delete my profile and put a halt to this. I have developed a thicker skin while transitioning, but this is different. I’ll probably keep the profile up, but now I’m much more wary of this whole dating thing and feeling like I don’t want to put myself out there for more possible rejection. This is why I dislike dating; I’m not good at it and I’m too sensitive about rejection. It’s not like I expect everyone to like me, but it hurts when someone you’ve been corresponding with and feel there is potential for a relationship suddenly becomes silent. I want to e-mail her to ask why, but I won’t. No point in pushing the issue when she’s made her intentions clear. Such is life.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Clearly those who choose this blogger look have similar ideas about getting together with people....

Well at lest from my survey of two!

Friendship and more sneaks up on you I think...

Calie said...

Rebecca, if she never got back to you, then she isn't worth losing sleep over.

Love will come your way when you least expect it.

Calie xxx