Friday, May 4, 2012

What to write about...


I’ve been in the mood to write another post, but the inspiration just isn’t there. In other words, I can’t think of anything to write about. Maybe I’ll just try writing about mundane things and see where that takes me.

The job is still going well and I really enjoy the people I work with. This probably sounds very cliché, but it’s so neat to have friends who I can just sit around with and chat about “girl stuff”. It’s been so helpful to have someone to talk with about hair styles and fashion since I have so much to learn in those areas and need all the help I can get! 

Life at home with my sons has been a challenge lately, especially with my youngest son. It seems like all he ever does is criticize me and make me feel like I can do nothing right. We always seem to be at odds over something. This really bothers me because he leaves in about two months for the Navy, and I hate that things are so tense between us right now. I don’t want him to leave under these circumstances. I just really wanted to enjoy these last few months with him, but it just doesn’t seem to be working out that way. 

My ex-wife will be here for a week for my son’s graduation, so that will be interesting. She knows I’m transsexual and is fine with it but she hasn’t seen me in nearly two years. We get along fine but it’s always kind of weird when she’s here. 

I’m really enjoying the warm weather and being able to wear dresses and skirts more often. I discovered I didn’t have much warm weather clothes suitable for work, so I’ve had to do some shopping, which has been very enjoyable! I’ve always liked the looks of cowl neck tops but have never been able to wear them because of my adam’s apple. But now that my adam’s apple is gone I can finally wear them, and I love it! Needless to say I have several and they get worn often!

I have an appointment with my hair stylist tomorrow morning for color, highlights, and a trim. It’s finally at a long enough length, but I want it to be more styled, but the problem is I’m not sure about what style I want. I really like how my hair has some natural waviness to it, and I think I’d like to emphasize that. I’ll have to rely on the judgment of my stylist, who I trust and really like. So I’m excited to see what we come up with!

Well, I guess I found something to write about after all!

1 comment:

Kay & Sarah said...

Yess Rebecca, life just goes on. Routine is just everyday life. And your son, he is probable anxious about his future life, it is going to be very different.

Am glad that you seem to be getting good advise about 'girl' stuff from people you can trust.